Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Getting Back to Me

Today I am not doing anything at all.


I slept in late and stayed in bed even when I was somewhat awake, drifting in and out.  Smiled when I got the "Good morning babe.  Heres to your day being perfectly relaxing." text I got.  And then finally rolling out of bed around noon, when I decided I really wanted a peanut butter sandwich.

It's been pretty much perfect.

I have been working so much lately, there was literally not a day I didn't have a bunch of work or commitments on my plate for almost three weeks.  Not a single day off among them.

I have been tired, stressed, and on the verge of drastic behaviour for awhile.

So I quit my job at the daycare, Wednesday was my last day.  I was sad to leave, but very relieved at the same time.  It was the right thing to do.  Just one job for me now.

I've been wanting a day to just do as I please.  Nothing required of me, allowing myself to procrastinate for just one day.  To not even think about all the little things that need to get done that I haven't had a chance to do because of all the big things I was having to do.

Tomorrow I'll get lots of little stuff done.  And tomorrow I'll tell you all about the other stuff going on (relationships, London, introspection, etc.).

Today, I am recharging.  I am staying away from anything that might drain my energy or frustrate me.  I'm listening to myself and following my own whims (even though I'm not very whimsical today, laid-back more than anything).  That's it.

See you tomorrow...

5 comments:

Siavash G. said...

You're try to keep improving every day. So You're gonna be somebody, ha?

nicole antoinette said...

Wow, it sounds like you're headed in so many great directions. I'm proud of you and excited for you, and I can't wait to hear more!!

Katelin said...

sounds like a perfect day. enjoy yourself :)

AccordingToAngela.com said...

hope you enjoy this day - it's so awesome when doing nothing is exactly what you wanted to do!! :)

courtney said...

hoorah for recharging the battery!

i guess i haven't taken a whole day off in weeks... but i've been recuperating slowly. it's nice to feel normal again, isn't it?