Friday, February 8, 2008

Explanation...please?

Ok, so I've been on Technorati for a bit now and while I don't pay close attention to it or anything I logged on today to find my "authority" had gone up. I clicked on it to check it out and found that some site had linked to my post about being high maintenance, only they hadn't referenced my blog's name properly or anything (but they link to right to the post on Paper Wings just fine). It's weird.

Here's the link to it:
http://clothing.collectiblepro.com/2008/01/31/high-maintenance-reading-list/

So what do I do? I don't even know how to feel about it...

6 comments:

- Mr David Poe.com said...

What would you like to see done about it? Personally I would contact the available... contact and flatter them with thanks for linking to me, and politely point out their mistake.

Usually people repond well.

Becka Robinson said...

you're authority goes up based on how many people link to your blog....i'd say leave a comment on that person's page telling them thanks for the link :)

Alexis said...

Yeah, I just hadn't been sure how I should feel about it...some random blog I'd never heard of linking back to me. So I guess I'm OK with it. ;)

Anonymous said...

ah, that's just trackback spam. people post a link to your post in their own blog and it raises their traffic in a number of ways. first and most obviously, it gets you to go to their site to see why they linked. also, google blog search ranking is higher if a blog updates frequently, so them making a post consisting of your content = only a little work on their part to get the google payoff. i'm sure it's a lot more intricate than that, but i'm pretty sure that's the most of it. i don't think you'll get it off, because spammers run these blogs by the thousands.

BB said...

Agree with Molly - I think it's just spam. I've seen this happen often.

PrincessPolly said...

Oh i had that once, it was some kind of FINANCE blog of all things which linked to my post.