Sunday, February 10, 2008

Oh, Mr. Darcy

Colin Firth did it the best. I haven't even seen the new Pride and Prejudice because I am so attached to the old A&E version, with Mr. Firth among others. And I am watching the old favourite right now, wishing I talked like that and could be fancy everyday. I have to admit that I'm actually most partial to Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility in character, though.

Alas, I sit here on the couch once again attempting to suppress my body's apparent desire to hack up a lung and have my sinuses implode (fantastic image, no?). Because, my friends, I think I have contracted emphysema, the black lung, or both. Maybe it's the plague? Or influenza? Or pneumonia? No, it's just another upper-respiratory infection with sinus pressure, like always. Like I always get when I've been incredibly stressed, my immune system is taking a vacation, and at least one child at work has been sick. Still, it's not like I don't wash my hands frequently or have started a habit of rubbing snotty Kleenex all over myself.

In other news that is of the "good" variety, I start a new job at the Apple store on Thursday. I'm very excited and looking forward to start training. I have two friends that work there (who were nice enough to sing my praises/tell people I'm cool and help me get the job) so I'm not going in as nervous as one who doesn't know anyone. So wish me luck and good times as I start working at one of my favourite places in the mall! Hopefully this cough will mostly be gone and no one there will think I've been smoking five packs a day since I was nine...

6 comments:

Chele said...

Good luck on your new job, hope you have loads of fun and can officially become my apple go to girl.
Colin Firth is great, I like any Jane Austen movie without Keira Knightley, over the years she gets to me.

pink jellybaby said...

good luck!!! :) x

nicole antoinette said...

I'm obsessed with the Apple Store. It's actually ridiculous. Good luck hun!!

Katelin said...

Feel better and good luck!

A Wanderer's Heart said...

You haven't tried the new P&P? I also am a fan of the A&E version... and Colin does do an outstanding job. I own it in fact. But I also own the new P&P now, and it is so different and addicting in its earthiness. And I didn't feel like any of the plot was cut to make the 2-hour time frame. I'm not sure how A&E made theirs 8 hours long now.

Anonymous said...

Colin will be forever Mr Darcy for me too, he just hit the nail on the head with that performance...I own both this and the new version (which is good) but not as good!
Tip for future colds...Vicks Vaporub on the soles of your feet, then socks and 'Bob's your Uncle' - no more hacking up of phlegm :-) And no I am not just an eccentric Brit', it worked for me last week!