Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm back!

I turned twenty-four on the twenty-third, and while I'd like to say that my posts from here on out will be reflecting that with newfound wisdom and greater maturity but I just can't bring myself to do that to you.

I didn't really want to turn twenty-four. It wasn't an issue of feeling old (because, hello, it's not old until next year when I'm all "oh no, I'm almost to thirty and I'm going to die..."). Basically, twenty-three was just a really good year, I really liked being twenty-three. It was cool, I turned twenty-three on the twenty-third last year and that was awesome and I thought nothing would be as special on this year's birthday.

I know, I make no sense and I'm a weird-o.

But, this birthday was almost too much fun. Because this year there was continual celebration, hanging out with friends and having them buy me lunch or a drink the week of. And then not one, but two crazy-good-time parties over the weekend (and I mean very crazy-good-time). It's possible that I did a few things that were not the kinds of things I would normally do, but I think birthdays do that to you. One of my friends did a keg-stand on her last birthday, and that is definitely not something she would do most days of the year (no, I didn't do a keg-stand...my parties were out on the town so there wouldn't have been an opportunity even if I had wanted to).

I really don't think I would change anything. I had a fabulous time, with fabulous people.

The past couple of weeks have been really busy with all of the birthday festivities, training at the new place of employment, and other random acts of my life, so I haven't been able to keep up with all the blogging activities lately. I'm hoping to catch up on all the regular reads though and make time to post more often!

6 comments:

Katelin said...

Happy Birthday!

Glad you had such a good time. Hopefully my birthday will rock as much as yours, haha.

Jamie Lovely said...

happy birthday!

i turn 24 next month. i don't want to turn it either so i'm telling everyone i'm turning 21 again haha

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday!
I turned 25 a few months ago and I was totally "oh no, I'm almost to thirty and I'm going to die..." - thanks for reminding me :)

Alexis said...

Katelin: Happy birthday, and I hope your birthday will rock just as much too! Everyone needs to have that much fun on their birthday.

Jamie: Yeah, my mom told me that as a woman I reserve the right to say whatever age I want when someone asks. ;)

Hillary: Aw, it's really not that bad! Why do we do that to ourselves? :)

BB said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a fab time :)

nicole antoinette said...

If you can't be nuts on your birthday, when can you?! :)