Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Now what?

I was ready for an argument. I was ready to listen to someone tell their side but stand my ground anyway. I knew we thought differently, I know we have different approaches and don't always see things the same way. I knew he'd have good arguments and I'd need to be ready to counterpoint with my own brilliant logic.

I was prepared for the possibility that things could get a little heated, and that I'd be getting just angry enough to say things that aren't very nice. That I would get frustrated and flustered the way I do when things turn into raised voices and tempers flaring a little bit. That I might say those things you always want to but won't unless they come out in that heated moment (I was actually kind of hoping that they would).

And then he had to throw me off by being all rational and making sense and calmly acknowledging where he'd gone a tad wrong. That jerk.

So I had to respond in kind, and have a nice, civil conversation where we actually got things pretty much sorted out between us. At least enough to ensure we're still friends and will continue to be for what will hopefully be a nice, long time.

Or something like that.

Now I want to build up to a tiny yelling match with someone...

2 comments:

B said...

AH! I KNOW that feeling!

Anonymous said...

That explains everything about my evening.