Thursday, March 6, 2008

There's Always An Explanation

My parents are looking at getting another, inexpensive car/truck to get me so that my mom can have her car back (someone rear-ended me last July and wrecked my trusty Tacoma, Galahad). Basically, they're get something cheap at auction that they could resell when I move off to another country.

My mom called me today from the auction to tell me the options they might bid on:

Mom: This Chevy was pink.
Me: What? Like...what kind of pink?
Mom: Well not like pepto-pink, but kind of a hot pink...
Me: Seriously?
Mom: Well is it has really great mileage on it...
Me: Yeah, because someone was probably too embarrassed to drive it around!

I name all my cars, and I feel that if I got a pink truck not only would I have to suffer the teasing torture of every male friend I have (and girls too, yeah) but I would also have to name it something like, "Frenchie." I don't know how I'd deal with a pink truck I called Frenchie...

Luckily, there's another one in white...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is pink, but a pink truck? Now that's something I've never seen before! I love pink, but not THAT much, haha.

B said...

The idea of a pink truck is actually all kinds of neat. IMO, anyway.. and I don't even do pink.

Maria said...

I hate pink, and I hate trucks but I would totally sign up for a pink truck! Can you imagine how sweet that would be?

Mike said...

I had a big black truck once. Her name was bertha. Big black bertha. My male buddies didn't make fun of it.

My female buddies bitched at trying to climb into the thing.

That made my male buddies like it even more.

Get the pink one. Anyone with the balls to drive around in a pink truck won't get made fun of. You know, just for having balls.

Alexis said...

I actually don't have much of a problem with it, but it's just not really...me. I don't know, I would use it if that's what we got, and I wouldn't care too much what people said. And I would definitely make it work for me, name it Frenchie and all that...

Kerri W. said...

Yeah, if you went with the pink one, you'd always be known as That One Girl With The Pink Truck. As long as you're not afraid of that definition, you're good to go.

:)

K. said...

I have a bright red Chevy Colorado (named Steve) that I've wanted to paint hot neon florescent pink for ages. I usually hate the color pink (period.) but damn, Steve in bright pink would be hot! Steve in hot pink with black racing stripes... Whew. There are no words.

You could totally rock a pink truck. Of course, I understand that a pink truck isn't "you." Most cars aren't "me." I just happened to fall in love with Chevy pickups (esp. the Colorado models) and luckily for me, Steve just happened to be cheap. Hooray for low expectations and getting what you want!

Good luck on getting a vehicle that fits. Cars can sometimes become extensions of our persona, so I hope you end up with something you love. Pink truck or not. =)