Monday, December 24, 2007

And so this is Christmas...

It's Christmas Eve for another fifteen minutes, actually.

Today the candy canes finally got hung on the tree after sitting on the counter for about a week or so. That even waited until the end of the day, when I started straightening some things up a bit because people were coming over and I didn't want them thinking we're total procrastinators.

I also got my presents wrapped today. Four beautiful works of art underneath the tree that I know will be completely destroyed tomorrow. Should have taken pictures, I know, but when you wait until Christmas Eve to put together the perfect presentation of gifts it doesn't find time to get documented in good light (I mean, if I had a fancy camera I might go attempt some artsy pictures with the lights on the tree and everything...).

And Rodie has come to stay with us while his mom and dad go out of town for New Year's! Hopefully he will enjoy his stay at our humble pet bed and breakfast. I think he was just a little sad to watch mom and dad leave, but he's all snuggled up in bed now.

As for me, I think I'm going to go snuggle up in bed myself. Here I come sugarplum faeries!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mood is right,
The spirits up,
We're here tonight,
And that's enough,
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time...
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time...
- My favourite Christmas song, "A Wonderful Christmas Time," by Sir Paul McCartney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas, alexis!

i've always loved the image that sugar plum fairies evoke.