Thursday, December 13, 2007

A little wishlist action:

I was on the phone with my brother and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Now, when I'm out and about I can point to probably a million little things that I would love to call my own. Probably a lot of big things too, you know how us greedy little people can be. But as soon as my brother asked me, I couldn't think of anything. I could think of all the stores I like and the type of stuff I'm into...but he already knows all that. He didn't want to make any mistakes and basically buy me a trip to the mall for Christmas by getting me something I would just have to return or a gift card (which actually, is not that bad for me except that I would probably end up spending more of my own money that I shouldn't while there). So I created this little list of stuff under $40 (the limit he gave me, which is oh-so-generous, I think) and thought I'd share it with you, 'cause it's a good one.

From Anthropologie:



- Deviled Egg Halter Apron, I've always loved these aprons and had a bit of trouble picking my favourite. In the end, this one definitely won out, I love the colors and mod-like print. Plus, the halter style is just too cute. You know you want to look sexy in the kitchen.

- Meditation Hourglass, Clear, the name says a lot. It comes in bright colours as well, but I just love the simplicity of this one. It measures one half hour and is just perfect for "me" time. Oh yeah, and it's beautiful.

- I also love the Dots & Jots Journals. They come in a set of four and each has fifty pages with a pretty printed cover. They are nice and small so you can stash one in a few different places and grab one when you think an important thought and want to remember it.

- Letter Hooks, iron hooks in a serif font. I never have a place to hang things, I think I curse the lack of hooks in my room daily. I always end up hanging stuff on the doorknob and that is not effective because whatever you put on it just falls off. These are really pretty, and I love things that have an "A" for Alexis...or anything that uses initials. Actually, monogramming is best...but I think you get the picture.

From Urban Outfitters:

- Filigree Bird Necklace by Loyalty & Blood, because it's so pretty! Most know I love vintage (or just vintage inspired) things, so this isn't a surprising choice. I love the bird charm that dangles and the pretty pattern. Asymmetry is sweet.

- Tea for One, because um, I'm usually the only one having tea. And how wonderful is that peacock print? There's a second print, but, well, I like this one better. I've seen these before with the teapot and single cup that stack together and thought, "Hey, that's a really good idea...I just don't like the pattern/color/design all that much." So I was ever-so-delighted to find this one that I find just perfect. Tea for me? Yes, thank you.

- Set of 6 Cappuccino Cups, that stack together, y'all! I must have a thing for stuff that stacks together, a love of streamlining if you will? I like that the pattern is combined on all six. They come with a chrome caddy, which I'm not sure of it's purpose but that's nifty, right? I've been wanting mugs, but was torn between not wanting them to all be the same and not wanting to have to "put together" my own set. So yeah, these are a happy little medium for that...


From Etsy:

- Apparently, I have a thing for necklaces right now, because I kept getting drawn in by them when I was looking around. And who wouldn't be with choices like the wood tree pendant and dandelion pendant from Garnish Home available? These are made of such pretty wood and the cuts are so cute I couldn't decide between the two of them. I also like that the artist offers them on a 20" chain if you so choose, and they have complimentary gift wrapping (excellent option for men/boys that usually opt for the gift bag). I just think it's awesome that they are artsy and chic at the same time...which I think is often attempted but not always achieved.

- Then there are those notched hoops that I mentioned in a previous post (Maggie J's). I still love them...

And the ones that go to a good cause...

From To Write Love on Her Arms:

That link is for the store, to get familiar with the cause (which is near and dear to my heart) go here. The shirts are hard for me to pick from, but my three fav's are these:

- Girls Paramore Title, very cool. They printed some of Paramore's awesome song lyrics in this one, and the printed colors in the title are perfection.
- Title Deon, White - I really like my black deon and I've been wanting a white one. They are so comfy...
- Girls All-Blaque Title - Um, this one's just neat-o.

(I'll take those in medium, thanks)

From Invisible Children:

The green grace bracelet. The bracelets are made by the children and the money goes towards helping them. There are three other bracelets and each comes with a story of an individual child. You can get them all together, pay a little less, and have four gifts for one bang (or three gifts and one for yourself).

I suppose that's quite the list, but once I started looking around a bit I just kept finding all these fabulous little things. Enjoy!

6 comments:

nicole antoinette said...

You have spectacular taste.

Oh, and I must have that hourglass, ASAP.

K. said...

Newbie lurker back again...

I was just looking for a pretty stackable teapot/cup combo a few weeks ago and couldn't find one that wasn't either really frilly and floral or plain jane and ugly. I finally gave up. And then I saw that one!

Pretty.

Alexis said...

Nicole: Thank you, that means a lot to me! And I know, I feel like I could just sit down, watch it, and be calm within a couple minutes. :)

K: Welcome to my blog, I'm happy to have you! :)

I kind of felt the same way, every other one I saw just wasn't my style. I'm glad I discovered this one so I could share it with the other frustrated tea drinkers! :)

Anonymous said...

alexis - i seriously am obsessed with your taste.

love everything on here and do you think you will miiind too terribly if i go ahead and ask santa for that Filigree Bird Necklace by Loyalty & Blood toooo?

xoxo, damsel

Alexis said...

Damsel: Thank you! And I don't mind at all, enjoy! ;)

heatherahrens said...

I so want that apron too! Hopefully I get it for Christmas!