Thursday, December 6, 2007

more, more, more...

...about me! Just so you know, I am completely aware of my quirkiness and oddness (I just happen to think those are some of the things that make me so darn cute).

Numbers 31-40

31. I still sleep with the teddy bear my dad got me when I was about two years old. I call him "Bear," which may not sound all that creative but...OK, maybe it's not. I cried for my mom to get it for me in the store, she said "no," and walked away. Imagine her surprise when my dad and I come out of the store and I'm ripping my stuffed treasure out of the package. Dad's response to her accusatory reaction? "What? She was crying..."
32. I'm a Friends trivia genius. Part of this has to do with how often I watch(ed) the show. Part of it has to do with how well I remember random stuff/everything.
33. I actually love trivia in general. Trivial Pursuit was my favourite board game even as a kid.
34. I hate Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. I don't have a really good reason for this, but it is the one song in their catalogue I truly can't stand listening to. What's even worse is that people don't take me seriously when I say this and continue to play it (really loud) or sing it. That's really not nice to do when it's making someone die inside, just so you know.
35. I love playing hostess. I'm always really disappointed if I can't manage to serve them good food and make them breakfast if they stay over, I want it all to be perfect. I'm also really sad if people can't come over at all. It's probably all part of that acts of service thing I like to do.
36. I don't get along with my dad. We have our moments, but for the most part we really, really annoy each other (and that's probably putting it very nicely).
37. I could probably quote you The Emperor's New Groove in it's entirety. That movie is freakin' hilarious and I don't care what anybody says.
38. I have a very irrational fear of leeches. Scream-and-run-far-away-if-I-see-one-on-T.V. kind of fear.
39. I also freak out when it's time for the blood pressure cuff at the doctor's office. I'm convinced that my blood pressure is actually quite low but comes out looking normal because it gets raised when I have a mini panic attack every time they put that thing on me.
40. Do you remember the movie Rock-a-doodle? I love, love, loved that movie when I was a kid. It was super cool, seriously.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, my daddy taught me how to sing
And that's why this voice means everything

Sun do shine, you better shine
(You better shine)
Well, the sun do shine, you better shine
(You better shine)
You better shine
(You better shine)"
- Rock-A-Doodle

11 comments:

courtney said...

two things:

"you threw off the emperor's groooooove!" (did you know that guy's voice is also piglet? there's some trivia for you)

we. are. the. creatures of the night and we invite you all for dinner. there's plenty of food to go around when the food is... YOU!
(gulp. who me?)
yeeees you! we thought a picnic would be nice and we're so pleased that you could join us! we're glad you're home, trick or treat. fa la la la la la, how sweet! now's the time, say your prayers... time's up. fa la la la la la, how sweet! fa la la la la la, LET'S EAT!


we were meant to be internet friends, for sure.

Alexis said...

Courtney, you excite me!

Becka Robinson said...

Shoulder devil: Listen here big guy, I've got 3 good reasons why you should just walk away. Reason number one, look at that guy. He's got that sissy, stringy music thing-
Shoulder angel: It's a harp and you know it
Shoulder devil: Yeah, that's a harp, and that's a dress
Shoulder angel: ROBE
Shoulder devil: Reason number two, look what I can do...ha ha!
Cronk: But what does that have to do with...
Shoulder angel: No no, he's got a point

:*
My favorite scene

Becka Robinson said...

ps...I almost pass out every time they put that horrible device on my arm! I can't stand feeling my pulse inside my elbow....ugh, i'm shuddering now just thinking about it...ugh.

nicole antoinette said...

I stood in Barnes and Noble yesterday staring at the Friends edition of Scene It for like 10 minutes before walking away, because if I bought it? I'd never get anything else done. Ever.

Kerri W. said...

You're a goddess. Friends is the greatest quoting show ever. I always throw blips from that show into conversation, and when people are confused I'm all, "Friends? No? Don't remember that one? Whatever. You have no life."

Heehee.

And The Emperors New Groove is such a hilarious movie! Seriously! I must agree with you on that one. "Bad llama!"

I love these "100 Things" lists people make. Perhaps I shall make my own...

t.b.f.love. said...

Ha! I looove the Emporer's New Groove! I dragged my friend to see it in theatres when it first came out, and we thought it was hilarious.

"First, I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless, little flea and then I'll put that flea in a box. Then I'll put that box inside another box. Then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives... I'll *smash* it with a hammer!"

... that would be the scene we still sometimes quote to one another. Great movie. From the comments & your post - I had no idea so many people liked the movie! I only have that one friend who does...

K. said...

New blog stalker here...

I also love The Emperor's New Groove. By far the funniest Disney movie (though my absolute favorite would still have to be Sleeping Beauty)!

I like the "This is extract of... LLAMA!" part.

Or the parts with the chipmunks. "Squeak-squeaker squeak-squeakin."

And blood pressure... Ick. I don't even like having my pulse taken. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Check out my altar of rambling if you like. =)

Katelin said...

I love Friends trivia. It's superb. And regular trivia too. Granted I'm more of a movie trivia person myself, I love Scene It for that reason :)

Larissa said...

Friends trivia!!! I am great at it.

Not so great at Trivial pursuit. For some reason my brain doesn't do well with geography, or history, or anything moderately useful.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember the sheepish look your dad gave me when you came out of that shop with that bear. I think I deserve some kind of a medal for living between the two of you.