Monday, December 10, 2007

Between me and the kid at the Apple store:

Me, holding the Nike thing that has your shoes and iPod communicate: So, does this only work with the Nano?

Him: Yeah, unfortunately...

Me: Because...Nike's stupid?

Him: Pretty much.

Me: I like my regular iPod...

Him, as I nod in agreement: I use my classic to run too, because I have more than five albums and one of them isn't the Rocky soundtrack. They really didn't think that through, plus it doesn't actually tell you how far you've gone. If you wanted to know your power song though, which if you run regularly with music you probably already know it...

Me: Well that's lame, definitely won't be getting those shoes...

Him: I wouldn't.

I love honesty.

6 comments:

Katelin said...

I love when store workers are actually honest and not just trying to sell you something.

nicole antoinette said...

THIS is why I try to be as honest as possible while working at Williams Sonoma.

Anonymous said...

The guy was nice and I thought he was cute, too. Shame you had to hold the package over your head and wave to get his attention.

Larissa said...

Yes, honesty from people is great. I love when a server at a restaurant gives full disclosure on what's worth trying, and what sucks.

Anonymous said...

hahahah this is such a cute story. and seriously, yes, love honest salespeople. and waiters/waitresses who say things like: "no, i wouldn't get that" after you order something. and then suggest something else. and then you eat it and you realize you are now in love with your waiter/waitress.

and UGH, why, nike? why?

Becka Robinson said...

I vote heart rate monitor...I've skimmed 2 minutes off my mile time since I got mine :)