Wednesday, September 19, 2007

subtlety

Sometimes He says "yes," sometimes He says "no," and sometimes He says "wait."

And sometimes He says "yes," but you think He's saying "no," or you wait until you realize He said "no." Or He says "no," but you tell yourself "yes" and go ahead anyway. And sometimes, the answer is none of these...it's a part "yes" part "no" kind of subtlety. Often when it's a "yes" you still have to do your part (that actually goes for "no" too).

Why have we been taught since being little kids that the omnipresent, omniscient, bigger-than-life, greater-than-all, creator of all things God is so easily explained and wrapped up? I wonder why we try the "Will you go out with me, check yes or no" option with the King of kings. I figure if He doesn't fit into a neat little box, His answers don't always either.

Whatever the answer is, I have decided it doesn't hurt to ask. I realized recently that all the things I determine are important to me and that I would like to come to fruition in my life I haven't been praying for. I thought to myself, "How does that make sense? If I want them that badly...shouldn't I be asking the One that can give them to me? Since when can I control all of these things and when did I get the idea that my attempts to find them will go well without a better set of eyes?" So to speak. Honestly, I have to take myself less seriously and take Him more seriously. The most important things in life, my business and financial security, relationships or the want of them, those types of things should be the very things I ask Him to be in charge of. Why wasn't I doing that?

I know it doesn't matter now why I wasn't praying about them, what's good is that someone reminded me to pray about my business and it sparked this whole revelation. So, I've been trying a bit harder to ask God for His help (and to just be given some things) and guidance. And I think I've had a bit of nudging, as far as business is concerned, and that's sweet. I won't be working on Tuesdays anymore, which leaves more time for meetings and phone calls when those that aren't nine-to-fivers can have them. And there's more little stuff like that.

...as for Prince Charming, I haven't seen him yet but sometimes He says "wait."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: