Wednesday, September 5, 2007

changeling

As a habit, I change a lot. It has to do with a deep sense of introspectiveness and a desire to be better. I've been looking over the past year or so (or longer) and am realizing exactly how different I've become. It's all good too, I'm exceptionally happy with where I am now and the fact that I'm getting better like good wine is a nice feeling. If you were around me a lot you would see these things, and I wonder if you would start to feel like you could never fully know me because once you got me all figured out the latest upgrades would appear.
The most wonderful thing has happened amidst my ever-shifting self, I became comfortable with it. And it almost seems as if the biggest upsets are behind me and I can focus on the things I want to. I am centered and just fine with whatever happens around me. I used to be quite the creature of fear. A year ago, if I had been presented with Arbonne to start my own business I would have run away and now I greet it with nervous excitement. The same goes for new challenges in my current job, music, art, family, and relationships. So many things are going on in my life, and I am OK with each and every one of them. The things that depress me only do so for a day or so and I can easily tell myself, "We'll see how things go tomorrow, it'll be a new day." Previously, I would have been insecure and upset for days trying to sort it all out. I've found my niche, where I don't freak out about problems and look for a solution instead.
All I can say is that it is oh-so-very nice.
And should you be the type resistant to change or unable to recognize it in other people, I think you should work on that. Embrace the immutability that is life and keep getting to know people, even if you've known them for years they can't be the same -- and neither can you. Keep giving everyone (which, yes, includes you) more chances to get it right or make it better.

I'm really into this song right now, and usually I would just take a piece of it and use it as the quote at the end of the entry...but I really want to post most of it:

Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world
Like walking the world
You can hear she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
What you heard
She likes to leave you hanging on her word

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me
-- KT Tunstall, "Suddenly I See"

No comments: