Friday, January 11, 2008

Because I'm spoiled rotten, that's why

Things I have decided I really do need. Especially if I'm on my way to London (which I think is looking pretty good...I hope...I pray).

- That MacBook I blogged about before...the one I desire. How else will I stay on top of all that artsy design homework and keep in touch with all of you lovelies? And I know that it would do what I want when I want, unlike this piece of junk that hates me (sentiments returned in full, evil machine).
- A digital SLR camera, preferably a Canon Rebel. Because you'll want pictures of everything I do, right? Plus, I was snapping away with my friend's last night (hers isn't a rebel, but it was fun) and I think I took some pretty nifty shots. I really wanted to take pictures of everything when it was in my hands and I decided it needed to be bumped back up to the top of the needs list (ok, fine, wants list).
- Cute pajamas/yoga wear/athletic wear. Because those types of clothing get ignored by me too much and I end up looking sloppy when I want to participate in those activities. And I am a person that is definitely motivated by what I'm wearing...oh, and I've been thinking I need a bathrobe too. And you know when you're living with a bunch of roommates, and you're a fashion design student, you don't want to be the one that doesn't have the right stuff to wear.
- New running shoes...but that's because mine are just worn out and not because they aren't pretty. The right shoe for running really is important.
- Pretty jewelry stands because all of mine just ends up in a tangled mess in this container I use, and with my resolution to invest in quality pieces (instead of lots of cheap ones) I don't like that.
- A good pair of sunglasses. I bought these fab ones from Target but they broke almost immediately, so now I'm thinking I should buy nicer ones and take care of them (which I suppose goes along with that resolution to buy quality things because it's more important than how much of it I have). And as much as I want these beauties from Cartier, I think I'll have to make it a smaller investment than that (I couldn't find a picture to use...).

And my dear friends that see me in real life, feel free to consult with our inner (and outer, whatever) circle to all chip in for something (I mean, especially those first two...) for my birthday next month. Just sayin'...

Don't worry, if these things don't find their way to me anytime soon, I won't throw my body against the floor and throw a whiny fit complete with choked sobs and shrieks of "NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME!" I know how to make do, but a girl can dream a bit if she's been making do for a long time.

This post brought to you by the I have other-more-serious-stuff to blog about but I'm avoiding it because it's an agonizing, scary process to blog about those things and I feel too weak to do it today.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out for the macbook -- it has really sharp edges where your wrists hit the edge. I bought one and returned it because no one could seem to offer me any solutions to this problem.

Alexis said...

I've never heard that before...I just want it for what's inside the casing and always ask my friends to use theirs just to check e-mail even if I don't have to.

Becka Robinson said...

HaHa, that's really funny.

I am a mac addict and I've never even noticed that, but now that I look down, my wrists don't even touch the edge. Maybe you aren't typing ergonomically? That's the only solution I can think of. But that's a really funny qualm, I plan on telling my friend who works for Apple.

And...as I was reading your post I was smiling because stores kept popping into my head for everything on your list which then made me laugh at myself. For example....

check craigslist a lot for a rebel. I am a fan of the Xti (obviously) and I think they're a little better than the 20 D because they are higher megapixels, but you can find em for around 400-500 on there

and for a mac, I'd say try to bribe nate or edgar to give you their once a year discount

and for yoga wear check out lululemon and then go on ebay and find the stuff you like for cheaper because their stuff is by far the cutest yoga stuff you'll find

for running shoes, go to track shack because they will actually watch you walk, analyze your balance and stride and then pick out the perfect shoes for you. Fabulous, I've never had better shoes than the ones they suggest.

For jewelry stands I'd say Urban Outfitters, I think they're on sale right now too. But maybe you should wait on that because I feel like those resound with a certain Birthday chime to them. I dunno, I'm just sayin....

Hm, sunglasses...I'm no good here because I bobble between saying go to BCBG or to a thrift store. Either have great finds. :)

Alexis said...

Yeah, I was going to ask you and Nate and Lauren about refurbished and I've been looking around. And the XTi is definitely the one I've got my eye on.

If I could afford a Mac before I go, you know they'll be the first ones I talk to. ;)

I used to do fittings and my dad used to be a pro before his operations, so I know what I need in a shoe so a place like that is good because I hate places like Finish Line where the kids working there don't know what they're talking about...but I think that's the place he goes for shoes too, I'm so proud that you get the right fit...it's terribly important.

Hmm...there are a few lovely stands I've had my eye on from Urban Outfitters...

Like I say, my head is often turned by the Cartier display, but...I do love vintage too.

Oh, and yoga wear...there are a few brands I like and that's one of them.

We should hone this ability to reach into each other's heads, Becks...we'd be like those scary twins that don't have to open their mouths to talk to each other.

Becka Robinson said...

Mmmmm, with our conversing eyes and shared ESP abilities. We're like superheroes! We should go buy capes, and lycra!

nicole antoinette said...

I'm obsessed with my Macbook. Oh, and I want everything else on your list.

I hope everything's okay re: the more serious things going on in your life...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know, I definitely don't type ergonomically... However... So? I mean... My laptop shouldn't punish me for that! lol

If you're a proper typer, Alexis, you might not have the same issue!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Your wants are completely justified and the camera is a must. Oh, and I just got yoga pants and now I look like a person who cares about fitness, which kinda makes me care a little bit more.

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to get that second job she was telling me about...

Becka Robinson said...

PS....wait on that macbook. Macworld's keynote is tomorrow at noon and they're going to be unveiling the newness. Rumors make me think it's gonna be pretty sweet. :)

Alexis said...

Oh yeah! I'm glad you reminded me!

nicole antoinette said...

Ooo good song choices! :)