Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Here come the ABCs!

My brain is still a bit off-line. I haven't been sleeping well one little bit, if you have any suggestions for "getting to sleep" rituals, let me know. Medicine doesn't usually help me, so I need some tricks.

Anyway, my solution is to tag myself with this meme Nicole Antoinette posted. If you aren't reading her blog, shame on you, because I've mentioned it enough times here that you should have gotten the hint by now. I'm not going to tag anyone, because I always feel that someone should have the choice...free will and all. By tagging myself here, I give myself something to do that a) doesn't require too much brain power, b) is fun, c) might give me something to go over in my head a few times to maybe get me to sleep.

So here's my own personal alphabet:

A - Age: Twenty-three and 5/6ths (so old)
B - Band listening to right now: Well, none...the TV is on...but I have Maroon 5 in my head during commercials.
C - Career future: Becoming Snow White (i.e. the coolest princess ever), indie rockstar, and stellar fashion designer
D - Dad’s name: Wayne
E - Easiest person to talk to: The best friend Jenn, and then I'm blessed with a bunch of friends that are all really easy to chat with (and heaven knows, I talk a lot).
F - Favorite type of shoe: red
GGrapes or Grapefruit: In fruit form, grapes. In juice form, grapefruit.
HHometown: Well I was born in Japan, whisked off to Ohio, then on to Germany, then South Carolina, then Panama City, Florida, now Orlando (with Alabama in between)...so which of those should I call "hometown?"
IInstrumental talent: Instrumental to what? I know some guitar chords...
JJuice of choice: Grapefruit.
KKoala Bear or Panda Bear: Um...um...if I'm in Australia I'd want to see a koala, and if I'm in the Orient I'd want to see a panda.
L - Longest car ride ever: Panama City all the way to somewhere towards the middle of Mexico...not all at once, fortunately. Technically, it was a bus ride though...
MMiddle name: Leigh
N - Number of jobs you’ve had: Let's see, first the Gap, then Shipwreck Unltd., new city new job with Travel Country Outdoors, then secretarial work, then American Eagle, then Starbucks, followed by the daycare and Arbonne consultant (current). I think I'm leaving some stuff out as there have been quite a number of these types of things. And who knows what I'll do next?
O- OCD traits: You do not have the time.
P - Phobia[s]: Leeches, blood pressure cuffs (I'm getting better at handling those), yeah, those are weird.
Q - Quote: "I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from." -Eddie Izzard
R - Reason to smile: No. 34987332988347: D. is starting to say things that sound like real words.
S - Song you sang last: "Hey Jude," I sing it to L. when he gets upset and cries because it calms him down.
T - Time you wake up: I aim for about 5:30 because I tell myself I will get up and do a little yoga to greet the day and that type of thing...but I usually end up hitting snooze a few times and slowly stumbling out of bed around 6. But I absolutely cannot get out of bed with the clock on an uneven number, because what would happen to the children? Something bad, I'm sure.
U - Unknown fact about me: I have always been somewhat obsessive about the number twenty-three. I haven't seen that movie, or researched it much because as OCD as I am I know it might push me over the edge into "that crazy girl who doesn't talk about anything but a number and chews her hair." I don't chew my hair...but taking this thing with that number beyond me just happening upon it all the time might push me to it.
V - Vegetable you hate: Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and others.
W - Worst habit: Spending too much money with only a vague idea of how much of it I actually have. Yeah mom, don't say anything.
X - X-rays you’ve had: Uh, like, all of them...
Y - Yummiest food my belly likes: Hmm...so many goodies rushed into my head and I can't choose the best one! Vegan pizza is my ultimate comfort food, so we'll go with that (especially if it comes from Mellow Mushroom).
Z - Zodiac sign: Pisces...but I read recently that I was born on a cusp and that makes a difference somehow...

Next time won't you sing with me? You can pick the song next time...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've tried and tried and tried and tried,
but I know no concept of consequence,
and I'm a master of self defense...
-- Maroon 5

7 comments:

nicole antoinette said...

Aw, I'm pretty much BLUSHING at all of those nice things. Thanks darlin, glad you enjoyed doing the meme!

Have you had a leech experience? Haha, do I want to know?

Alexis said...

It's funny, I actually haven't ever had an experience with a leech (or leeches). So it really is a completely and totally irrational fear, they freak me out SO BAD. I've seen them on TV and I cover my eyes and start shaking and maybe even cry...

Katelin said...

I love that Eddie Izzard quote, he's pretty hilarious. And I take it that you never saw Lemony Snicket? There is definitely mention and showing of leeches...eee.

Alexis said...

Um, Lemony Snicket is one of my favourite movies...there is plenty of warning before the leeches and I've always managed to cover my eyes for that part! ;)

Anonymous said...

this is why i <3 you:

F - Favorite type of shoe: red

well, this. and many other reasons!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I pretty much always like Pisces people. Just so you know, and I think I'm gonna do this alphabet, cause my brain is too fried from all of the drugs i'm taking to get better. GAAAAH.

Anonymous said...

"Career future: Becoming Snow White..." LOL!!! That tickled me pink. Thanks! Good luck with that.