Monday, January 7, 2008

It's that time again

I realized that I have a long way to go before I reach the hundred mark on the hundred things about me, so I figured I should do an installment soon. So, here we go.

Numbers 41-50 (Yay! Halfway!):

50. I think that gifts should have a lot of thought put into them, and the presentation of that gift is just as important. Gift bags and crumpled tissue paper disappoint me. And I appreciate gift cards, but they still kind of disappoint me. However, this not being everyone's forte, I try not to let any disappointment show because I am truly grateful and feel loved to receive it.
51. Twizzlers will probably always be my favourite candy. And no, I don't really care for Red Vines, I love Twizzlers. I mean, other candies have come and gone as flings and fleeting obsessions, but Twizzlers have proven that they can stick it out for the long run with me.
52. I'm a huge fan of moderation and balance, just not always the best practitioner
of them.
53. One of my romantic fantasies is to have one of those days that are done like montages in movies, there's a really good one in Loser(?) of all things. The days where the pair that are falling-in-love-without-knowing-it are running around a particular city doing all the little fun things, finding ways to do them for free. Usually, one of them is the whimsically free-spirited showing the other how to really live. In my head there's the music playing to complete the picture, because you can't have that scene in the movie without the right song. Also, if I have my way it will be somewhere foreign (or NYC).
54. Whenever I hear a female speaker (be it "motivational," or "church-related," or just on the street) say "Ladies, we have to stop comparing ourselves to one another," which has happened more than what I think should be normal. I think to myself, "That's not gonna happen," and immediately start running a list of the girls around me and how we compare. I know I'm beautiful the way I am, but seriously if that girl over there has beautifully toned arms that make mine look like soft twigs I'm going to take notice and mentally make a note to do more push-ups.
55. I have broken an alarm clock by throwing it across the room before. It didn't stop beeping so I had to throw it again.
56. I'm not a Republican, but I'm not a Democrat. Maybe my desire to move out of this country is somehow related to this type of thing.
57. I think if/once I move back overseas I might not come back here.
58. Even if I'm really hot at night I don't like to sleep without my comforter. I could be getting sweaty and have trouble actually getting to sleep and I won't want to kick off the covers. Hence my constant complaints that my dad keeps the thermostat too high (I mean, I sweat in the living room too...it's just at night that makes me whiny about it).
59. Everything I know about pop culture I learned from watching shows like I love the 80s, Best Week Ever, The Soup, and all that kind of stuff. I may not have watched or experienced those things, but I can probably remember enough for SceneIt or something.
60. I have the weirdest, craziest dreams. I don't know where they come from, but they are intense...really...really...strange things.

Until next time...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time. -- Edith Wharton

5 comments:

nicole antoinette said...

I love my comforter too, but can't deal with top sheets.

Alexis said...

Yeah, me too, the top sheet ends up twisted around my ankles usually.

Katelin said...

I love your 53. I love those days and fantasize them as well. Hell I fantasize about anything movie-like happening.

Anonymous said...

have you eaten the rainbow twizzlers? i myself hate twizzlers but the rainbow ones? are so pretty.

Alexis said...

Katelin: You know what I realized today is a most perfect part of that? Playgrounds, there needs to be time spent on a playground...I love swings.

Damsel: I haven't eaten them because while I think they are so very pretty, I'm a little wary of what they may taste like.

:)