Tuesday, January 29, 2008

here it goes

here it goes
here it goes again
oh, here it goes again...

Yup, Ok Go lyrics just to say we're returning the hundred things list. Inching closer to the finish line...

Numbers 51-60:

51. I love cauliflower. Ever since I was a kid, favourite vegetable, hands down. And it's super nutritious, so that's good.
52. I dye my hair about two shades darker than my natural colour. Only I notice when my roots are coming in. It gives it a lot more dimension and hello, it's so hot (and so me).
53. I'm probably more high maintenance than I want to believe. I pretty much refuse to leave the house without hair and make-up done, and even a t-shirt and jeans have to be done right. It kicks in even more on my days off from the daycare, as I don't get to bother looking all that cute when I'm at work. It's hard to keep up appearances when at least three small children are grabbing at you with grubby hands, wiping snotty noses on you, and other adorable things. So I do what I can when I'm not there.
54. I love swing sets. How could you not get all happy when flying through the air like that? Sunny days with a slight breeze always make me want to find a playground and swing all day.
55. I love being the center of attention. Just not always...a lot of times. I think it's like an addiction, you just want to do it again and again. But there are plenty of instances where I'd rather chill on the sidelines or even spend some time alone.
56. Making my friends smile makes my day, bonus points if they're laughing. I can't stand it when they're hurting or when things are a mess. Whatever my friends are going through, good/bad/beautiful/ugly/amazing/awful, affects me big time. I just love them so very much.
57. I'd love to take at least one dance class. Like modern dance, or jazz. Something different than what you do when you're out for the weekend. I love the expression and creative outlet of using your whole body to express music. And while I do my thing, alone, at home, getting a little "formal" instruction would be really cool.
58. I kept a bunch of my textbooks from college because I really do want to go back and read them. These include the ones for World Geography, Comparative Politics, and Anthropology. Along with a bunch of my philosophy books.
59. I have trust issues. Who doesn't?
60. I'm really glad that my taste buds have started getting excited about tea. I always wanted to like tea and would try it on a regular basis only to be disappointed. But within a few recent months I've been getting into it more and more. I love tea. Mostly green tea, but I love trying new ones. Jasmine has quickly become one of my favourites.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not completely insane
I'm maybe just a little bit crazy
There's no one to blame
Got no shame 'bout my game
Don't want nobody to save me...
-- Alana Davis, "Crazy"

6 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

that quote! I love Alana Davis

Chele said...

There is actually Jasmin green tea as well, I have it breakfast with a dash of milk everyday. Must have sugar though, tea is not fun without sugar.

Oh and the dancing part, been a dancer my whole life, just go loose. Always point your toes and your fingers should be like your picking stars out of the sky (this is ballet)
I used to watch old madonna concerts and copy her moves in my room.

nicole antoinette said...

I am TRYING to be more high maintenance! Teach me!

Katelin said...

I used to hate tea but now have it every day, I'm so glad my taste buds have changed as well. And yay for cauliflower, I love it!

Anonymous said...

"I love to be the center of attention." What an understatement.

PrincessPolly said...

I love swings and I would quite like to take a dance class too. Although I'm personally veering towards pole dancing than a more expressive form of dance . . . :)