Tuesday, October 23, 2007

conversation with my mother last night:

"So we were in Valdosta, and Lauren's been wanting to get her monroe piercing and Brooke knew this apprentice that could do it for six dollars and I was like, 'six dollars? I'll pierce something for six dollars!'"

"Yeah well..."

"So I got this!"

"What? What did you do to yourself, what is that?!"

"It's a bar, it's an industrial piercing!" (The one that goes between two points of cartilage on your upper ear).

"Why the..."

"Six dollars!"

"Please don't get anything else pierced..."

"Well if it's six dollars I can't make any promises."

"Alexis, please!"

"Uh-huh, well I guess that means don't tell dad..."

"I just don't know why you do this to yourself."

"It's an ear, who cares?"

"I care, you didn't get that stuff from me."

"Yeah sure, like I got any free-spirited impulsiveness from dad."

And she proceeded to sheepishly shrug her shoulders...

1 comment:

Becka Robinson said...

ha ha that's really funny

...my mom lives vicariously through me getting piercings :)