Sunday, October 14, 2007

living Etsy

What's today? Well it's the second ever Etsy Sunday!

There's some shifting going on in our house. We have grandparents coming to live here and I'll be stuffed into the office. My furniture is already a little too big for the room I'm in and there is no way I'll ever fit it into my new one. So the plan is to put it in storage (it's a tall bed that would be difficult for grandparents to get in and out of, so no point trying to have them use it) and get some small furniture for me to use in the office. I've been looking around, and while I'm not sure I'll be getting it (this one is still on the grand side, I must have a weakness), I found this beautiful piece in the Delia Furniture shop on Etsy:

I'm a sucker for canopy beds. This one is such a statement, whimsical but without being too cutesy. They have several other beautifully crafted items that I just love. The beds in particular are great because you buy them for a younger girl (what do they call them now, tweens?), and you wouldn't have to replace it when she got older (especially if you bought a double or queen size). Just simple enough to having staying power, and yet they are oh-so-pretty.

They also have a desk and items like mirror and shelves available that are sweet little additions to a savvy decorators dwelling. I'm also quite partial to this awesome puzzle menorah:

Cool, huh? And you can find more from them at www.edelia.com .

2 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

I really really like this bed...kinda whimsical

Red Robin said...

I love this bed, and the new blog page!