Monday, October 29, 2007

new funsies

So many things I've been meaning to write down and share...perhaps we'll just talk a little about how much fun I had at VegFest for now.

My super friend, Lauren, and I took her dog, Dakota, out to VegFest on Saturday and had a great time. I think she and I gave an interesting impression, just the two of us with the dog (people kept talking to us "together") and that gave us a bit of a laugh. We decided to blame that on Becka a bit since she was unable to come and would have made it a little more obvious that we're all just friends if she had been there. Go ahead, laugh about that a little.

We walked around and checked out all the really cool vendors. Some were really awesome, some were interesting, some were incredibly odd, and some were really fun to talk to. The best thing: all the wonderful, delectable, fantastic, delicious food. We tasted a bit of almost everything, including the vegan hot dog from a cart that is famous among some of my friends. One of them told me about him and said I absolutely had to try but we hadn't found him since (until Saturday, and she was right...how did I live so long without having tried one?). There was really good Indian food that we shared a plate of, I'm the wimp that doesn't eat spicy food that often and couldn't eat much without running for a water refill. And the soup! A local restaurant had tastes of theirs and it made me weak in the knees. I may be exaggerating a bit but it was really good. I'm a big fan of black bean soup, and this guy's was exceptional. Ooh, and naturally there was some pretty tasty hummus all around.

Dakota had a great time too, wore herself out. She was dragging us around more than we were her, I think. Lots of the people we met couldn't resist giving her treats (i.e. hummus samples). She's a fun friendly dog so getting out and playing with friends made her happy.

2 comments:

Red Robin said...

So I think I am going to the drunken monkey for lunch on thursday! I loved thier soup and I am sure thier panini's will be good too!

Alexis said...

Yeah! I went today for some soup and it was a cool little joint with all kinds of vegan options...totally rocked my face.