Monday, October 1, 2007

deviated septum

I don't have one...but my nose is all whistly. I hate nose whistles. They are annoying and distracting. I was at a wedding a month or so ago and my friend sitting next to me had one heck of a nose whistle. He was practically providing a little sub-soundtrack. I felt bad when I realized I inched away from him, but then I remembered he's not the type to care about it. If I could inch away from my whistling nose right now, I would. No sense trying that though...

Maybe this is why I haven't been sleeping too well, I'm too distracted by my own nose whistle or other things going on. I feel like that word, "distracted," sums up about how I've been in general lately. Perhaps it's a vicious cycle: I'm distracted so I don't sleep well and then I don't sleep well because I'm distracted. How confusing. All I know is that I have never been quite so absent minded or out of it so frequently. I'm usually that on-top-of-it person that always knows where their keys are and exactly how much is in their bank account, and other such things. I was always the one getting asked where other people left their keys while I was growing up, come to think of it. Now I'm forgetting to pack lunch for work and going all day getting hungrier and hungrier (I actually brought all my stuff for my protein shake today except for the protein powder, which is pretty much essential if you didn't know).

I promise I'm usually pretty common sensible and aware of my surroundings, I don't know what's gotten into to me so I'm not lately...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog ! keep up the good work!

Gill
United Kingdom

Alexis said...

Thanks Gill, I do what I can!