Sunday, November 11, 2007

Acrostics

I don't know why I was thinking about this today, but I was and that's all there is to it. When I was in elementary school and we'd do a section on poetry we always had to look at acrostics and they always made us write one with our name. There were also times when they were used as exercises in building self-esteem and you'd have to write them for someone else or something. I hated when we had to do these. "Why," you might ask, "would you hate something so simple and inconsequential as acrostics?" And to that I would reply, "Because I have a frickin' 'x' in my name, that's why."

When you have an "x" in a word or a name the only thing you can come up with (as an elementary schooler) is either "xylophone" or "x-ray." Otherwise, you have to cop out and put a little "e" in front of it for "excellent."

So here's what I've come up with, it's not quite an acrostic (because I don't feel like formatting) but it's the myriad of words I could use today.

A is for amazing, artful, awesome, about to blow your mind, abnormal, absolute beauty, adaptable, adept, adorable, adventurous, already in your head, artist, attractive

L is for lovely, lactose-intolerant, lark, leggy, likely to think too hard, like liqueur on his lips, literary, lithe, little bit country, little bit rock and roll, luminous, laid-back

E is for eclectic, ethereal, effortless, egalitarian, eloquent, elusive lover, engaging, entertaining, entirely wonderful, epic in potential, ethical, exploding with song, eyeful

X is for xenial, xenomaniac, xenophiliac

I is for intensely thoughtful, illuminating, imaginative, immeasurably more than you expected, impalpable, imperfect, incredibly honest, indescribable, individual, inquisitive, instinctually creative, intelligent

S is for spell-binding, sexy, surely a great catch, sagacious, sarcastic, scandalously hot, scrappy, self-aware, so-not-very-serious, shockproof, show-stopper, social, spinach-eating, starry

Ta-da! That's all I have, "x" is still a hard letter to find words for that accurately describe a person such as myself...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, acrostics! Childhood memory lane.

Thanks! Oh, and gorgeous blog.

Becka Robinson said...

nicely done!