Saturday, November 10, 2007

Invisible Children

Fall Out Boy has a really cool video out now:



I don't know if you are familiar with the Invisible Children films or the cause but I would ask you to visit their website, www.invisiblechildren.com, and take a look at what's going on. I have had friends working with them before, one in particular that went to Africa to do mission work with the group. It's a very worthwhile cause to be educated on and help in whatever way you can. My college did a lot of fundraisers when the first film emerged (and I believe it is still one of the big causes that gets support there) to offer assistance and I was really excited to see most everyone in my school come together for one thing. In a small school that was usually quite divided on most things, everyone saw a need and did what they could when we worked for Invisible Children.

It may upset you to check it out and honestly, I hope it does. These things we should not turn a blind eye to or gloss over. Terrible things are happening for some people and if we are in a position that we can do something, anything, let's do it. Christmas is coming and you could buy bracelets to give as gifts (they are made by the children), or make a donation in someone's name. Even if you just raise awareness and post a link, banner, or video on your website/blog/networking profile, you are doing something.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

4 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

I'm not sure if you've noticed but the lovely Laid Back Buddhist has added you to her blogroll!!!!!! :) I love her!

Becka Robinson said...

ps....love this organization, sport the bracelet!

Alexis said...

Thanks for telling me, I really like her blog! :)

Anonymous said...

woot! i always read your posts a million days later. but i LOVE invisible children. what a great organization. i wrote a post about them a while back, after they spoke at my church. they're good people.