Tuesday, November 6, 2007

blank

Is there a limit on how many nervous breakdowns one person gets in a lifetime? If so, I might not be allowed to have any more.

Actually, I feel like I'm doing ok. I am consistently stressed out but I think I'm managing to take it a day at a time. But that might be code for "I am in a daze and not actually completely aware of what is going on around me." I don't like being this tired and absentminded all the time but I'm trying to deal knowing that there's not much I can do that will give me instant gratification on this one.

The thing I have noticed is the amount of food going into my mouth on a daily basis. I have never eaten so much consistently before. Stress eating. In no way does my lack of time to go grocery shopping help this problem. I've been dashing into places and grabbing something I can munch on. My choices aren't usually very unhealthy, but I just eat eat eat. It's probably not the best situation for my budget or my waistline. I'm considering doing a fast. I think it would help get me refocused in a lot of ways. Work on self control and paying attention to what's going on with my head.

I definitely feel that if I'm not making myself aware of what's going on internally then it will all build up on that back burner and then burn my whole house down. I already tend to let things accumulate before I have one big private tearfest in my room once a month or so.

This stressed out sleepy girl needs to get to bed. I keep forgetting all the cool things I planned to to for NaBloPoMo but hopefully they will come back to me. The weekend posts will be better...they've gotta be, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

homeslice,

i hope i don't come across as holier than thou OR preachy because i'm not trying to be either.

yes, make yourself aware of what's going on internally - and then confess it to Him. i mean, of course he already KNOWS but... someone once explained to me that God is like the parent who says, "and do you have something you want to share with me?" He knows, but He would love for you to tell Him. so 'fess it to the big JC. it'll do a heart good.

1 Peter 5:6-7 say: "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (NIV)

sorry if this is preachy or inappropriate, as i don't really know what's going on in your life, but i know that verse helps me. Peter. what a sweet dude.

Alexis said...

Peter was definitely a cool fellow.

Yeah, there's no major upsets just subtle stresses and those things that take time to work out. Just trying not to let "one day at a time" be "going through the motions." :)

Thanks!