Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Oh so enchanting!

I have just arrived home from seeing Enchanted and if I may just get straight to the point, I adored it. So charming and so funny, it sparkles.

If you aren't already aware of the premise it goes something like this: prince and girl fall in love in perfect, animated world; wicked step-mother pushes girl into well on her wedding day and girl falls into live-action New York where she meets a single dad and his daughter who help her. Hilarity ensues.

I mentioned in a previous post how eager I was to see it as my favourite Broadway star, Idina Menzel plays a role and that was what made me need to see it. And as much as I really loved her part and her in it, the rest of the movie was beyond my expectations. I suppose I didn't expect it to be so smartly entertaining. What else? The characters were fantastic, casting made all the right choices. Amy Adams was so adorable and entertaining playing the lead, Gisele, I almost forgot I was watching a Disney movie (and not because of the type of humour).

You really should go see it, especially if you're of the feminine persuasion (or of the masculine one and want to learn a little something). My future "someone" should be forewarned, I will make you watch this movie a lot leading up to, and throughout our marriage someday (just so you know).

4 comments:

courtney said...

oh exciting! i've wanted to see this... i'm glad someone thinks it's fantastic. makes me even more anxious to see it!

Amelia said...

tagged you for a meme in my blog.

Anonymous said...

Loved the movie. You gotta love Disney making sport of Disney and making it all so brilliant.

Jess said...

I want to see this, but there's none playing with captioning! Ah!