Monday, November 19, 2007

just can't get a break...

...man.

I am sick again. There was a brief period where I was all, "Hey, all that congestion seems to be clearing up and the babies didn't get me all that sick this time." I suppose what happened was that my immune system was in a somewhat weakened state, allowing a little stomach bug to invade. I spent all day feeling like I was about to throw up what little I ate and making sure I could visualize the route to the nearest receptacle available for this purpose at all times.

Thankfully, I never actually had to vomit. I know that you were really curious about all the gory details...

I made it home to sit and eat crackers while perusing the blogging world and watching television. After finishing my cup of detox tea with a teaspoon each of sugar and soy vanilla creamer, I decided it was time to get to my own corner of said blogging world and write something for all of you, my lovely readers, to come take a gander at.

So, because I am not quite myself I'll do yet another installment of things about me.

#11-20

11. I really can't stand when people use the word "hate" when referring to a person or people. It just makes me really uncomfortable. It's just uncalled for, especially if you're saying something like "I hate people that use the word 'like' too much." No, you hate that someone uses the word "like" too much, not the person doing it.
12. I hate when people use the word "like" too much.
13. I often speak in the plural about myself. I think this is due to the way my brother and I grew up (see number seven). We were really close, so I'll stay stuff like "We hated Sesame Street, we would always rather go read or play outside."
14. My laugh is really goofy.
15. I get it into my head pretty often that I'd like to up and move. The top three places I think about are Nashville, London, and Prague. I like change and I get restless, it's the bohemian gypsy in me.
16. I do not like chocolate. No really, I don't. And yes, that just means more for you.
17. I was raised on good music, classical to classic rock. So now I love all kinds of good music, if it's quality I'm a fan.
18. I have six piercings. Two per ear plus one industrial. My nose. My bottom lip. My navel. They are less expensive than tattoos and don't take as much planning, so I have ended up with more of them.
19. I have two tattoos. The one mentioned in number seven. One on my lower back (that's right) and it was my first one. It's a star-type deal, but there's some things I want to do to make it a bit more special.
20. I plan to get a few more tattoos. Don't get all shocked mom, I already told you. One of them will be a tribute to my grandparents because they have great significance for me.

If I keep getting sick we'll get to one hundred pretty quick, and before you know it maybe a thousand. Are there a thousand fascinating things about me? Probably not something to aim for...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a wanderer I have no place or time,
I'm just drifting on this lonely road of mine,
If you like you can come along with me,
but I promise you that I am not the man I used to be...
but I promise you that I am not the man I used to be...
-- "The Wanderer," Marc Broussard

5 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

#11+#12= HAHAHAHAHAHA You're witty

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I've been sick a lot lately too, like one kind of sick after another. People are probably starting to think I'm faking it. I hope you feel better!

Yay for tattoos and piercings. I have 7 piercings and 3 tattoos, although I don't know how I ended up with so many of each, I never planned on it really. Oh, and I've lived in London- it's amazing. As is Prague. Can't say I'm too familiar with/interested in Nashville, but I often get restless like you and feel the need to up and move. I'm such a nomad; all I want to do is travel the world.

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I are planning to go live in Prague the summer after we both retire. Hence, we should be getting Czech on Rosetta Stone this year to prepare ourselves. And why would I be shocked if you got another tattoo? Rolling my eyes, maybe, but not shocked. I think you're beautiful without all the hardware and extra ink.

What do you need to bolster your immune system? I mean, besides getting those runny-nosed kids to stop spraying you with germs every day. I'd be wearing a surgical mask if I had them that close to my face. Apparently, you need goggles, too!

One more thing: before you move to Prague, can we go shopping this weekend?

Katelin said...

Haha, I laughed at #11 and #12 too, very clever. :)

Larissa said...

I don't like mint, which everyone thinks is bizarre.

I tagged you for a meme, by the way :)