Thursday, November 8, 2007

lovely days

A day off to sleep in and live without a plan. If sleeping in means trying to stay asleep while the other people in your house make lots of noise and without a plan means just putting off stuff that you probably should get done. That being the case, it's still quite lovely. I'm kind of forcing myself to relax. I'm not usually one of those people that have trouble relaxing so it's a bit strange to have to force it...

I decided I wanted pancakes upon officially awakening. They are hands-down one of my favourite comfort foods, right up there with pizza (Man, I love pizza. Perhaps because I watched so much Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was a kid?). So I decided to try my hand at the recipe Super Wife featured on her blog recently. They were yummy. Although, I think I may have stirred them too much or something equally obsessive compulsive as they weren't all that fluffy. But they were still really good and maybe I'll do better next time. The part where it gets a little icky is that the only syrup in our house is laden with high fructose corn syrup. I didn't want to go syrup-less so I decided I can't be perfect all the time and I would have to pretend I just didn't know. I was very sparing though, just because I pretend it's not there doesn't mean I can drown those pancakes in it and feel good about myself in the morning. I will have to search for good syrup that doesn't have any of that grossness in it. I tend to be a little (ok, more than a little) picky about syrup and the stuff we have was, of course, my favourite. Recommendations are welcome, I'm just saying I'm not really looking forward to this search.

I'll have to start laundry sooner or later...for now I'm doing my running about online checking all those odds and ends I like to read while I watch Dharma and Greg.

Yes, it's a lovely day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have traveled a thousand miles in my heart
At the end of the day
You have brought me back to you again
At the end of the day I am only yours
- "Only Yours," Altar White

5 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts you've ever posted. And it's not just because you quoted one of our songs ;)

Have a fabulous day. Oh! I decided about my tatoo, but I need to ask you a question about it.

Love Love Love!

Alexis said...

Thanks, and I love tattoo talk so hurrah! :)

Anonymous said...

love your blog. thanks for leaving me a message. i saw those pancakes on superwife's blog as well. they look scrumptious eh?

Alexis said...

Thanks, Tattooed Mama! I've become quite the fan of your blog as well, and Super Wife's pancakes looked like they may have turned out better than mine...but tasty all the same!

Anonymous said...

yo, yo, yo! alexis! thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the commentation situation :)

a) pancakes are great. have you seen "stranger than fiction"? there's a scene with the following exchange:

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.

Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?

Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.

hope that made you smile! :)

blessings,

sassybelle