Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oh, Hallow's Eve...

I am disappointed.

Halloween is my favourite holiday...ok, it's in my top two. Christmas is good too because I love giving presents and wrapping them all pretty (sticky bows suck).

To get back to the disappointment, Halloween was not all I love about it this year. I did not rock the month of October. I didn't carve a pumpkin. I didn't make any awesome tasty treats that had pumpkin in them or could rot your teeth. I didn't decorate anything. I didn't party it up last night with a bunch of close friends in killer costumes. We hung out, but our costumes weren't anything uniquely special.

It was not a day without it's fun though. The kids at school all wore their costumes and went trick-or-treating from classroom to classroom. The babies' costumes were incredibly cute. L. was the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen in my entire life. He would get hot and take the costume off, only to bring it to me a little bit later and have me help him put it back on. A. had this great puppy costume that was a little to big for her so it sagged in places...I guess she was one of those wrinkly breeds. Adorable...and extra cuddly because the fabric was so soft. C. was Scooby-Doo, which was just hilarious times two since he never wanted to take it off and kept running around in his light-up Spiderman sneakers. D. isn't the best at dealing with costumes, so he just had one of those black shirts with the bones on it for a skeleton. I kept kicking myself for forgetting my camera, they were so funny running around in their costumes together.

Next year I hope to do a better job of celebrating, I don't know if I can handle making myself into a liar about how it's a favourite holiday two years in a row.

No comments: